What is a slot drain system?
A slot drain is a linear drain that is installed in the ground and is used to filter off groundwater. The main difference between a slot drain and other more traditional channel drainage systems is that a slot drain does not include any type of grating. Fundamentally, the slot drain is another type of trench drain or channel drain system.
The Swarm Aqua® drainage system is based upon the slot drain system and is manufactured to offer customers a number of key advantages.
What are the benefits of using Swarm Aqua®?
- Superior aesthetic finish
The narrow design of the slot drain means that less material is exposed than other linear drainage systems, making it less obtrusive. Also, with a choice of cast iron, steel or stainless steel tops, you can achieve a far superior finish.
- Simple to install
You don’t need to assemble Swarm Aqua® on site and because it has push-fit connections with a range of easy to use accessories, it is quicker and simpler to install than other drainage systems.
When installing over large drainage areas, Swarm Aqua® provides you with a more cost-effective drainage solution. The light-weight nature of the product can also save you on transport and installation costs.
- Ideal in heavy load traffic areas
The strong, durable design of Swarm Aqua® means that when installed with a full concrete surround, it can be used in areas of heavy loading traffic up to F900.
- Ideal in high traffic pedestrian areas
With only two 10mm openings visible at the surface level of Swarm Aqua®, this system is safe to use in areas of high pedestrian traffic.
- Long design life
The twinwall channel is manufactured from 100% recyclable material and is resistant to a range of chemicals, with a predicted design life of over 60 years.
What are the design features of Swarm Aqua®?
- Choice of strong, durable ductile iron, steel or stainless steel tops
- Only two 10 mm heel guards openings visible once installed
- Steel walls to provide excellent rigidity when installing
- Spacers used to prevent pinching and act as locators to ensure a positive connection when installing
- Push-fit connections to ensure a quick and simple installation
- Steel throat section to withstand higher vertical loads and shear forces
- Smooth bore, giving excellent hydraulic properties
- Channel manufactured to SN6, with a predicted design life over 60 years
- HDPE section made from 100% recycled material
- From loading A15 to F900
What sizes are available in Swarm Aqua®?
- Full range of sizes and fittings from 100 – 600mm wide channel
- Custom lengths available to prevent wastage on site
- Longer lengths, resulting in fewer joints and improved installation quality
To find out more, contact our specialist at Cotterill Civils for expert advice on slot drains on 0121 351 3230.