What is slot drain?
Also known as a linear drain system, slot drain is installed underground to manage the flow of groundwater. In contrast to other channel drainage systems, slot drain is less obtrusive so gives a better aesthetic finish.
Why choose ACO Qmax?
The system is specifically designed to form an integral part of any modern, sustainable surface water management solution requiring effective storage, attenuation and eliminating carry over in stormwater conditions.
The system comes with simple push fit sealed connections, with access being provided by a range of access chambers, step and channel connectors.
The ACO Qmax system can be tailored for use in each application, pavement design or aesthetic requirement. it comes with a choice of edge rail designs in ductile iron, composite or galvanised steel. The ATec corrosion resistant coating on the ductile iron edge rails and PE body means that this slot drain system will last in excess of 25 years. ACO’s new composite rail has been designed to eliminate the chance of corrosion, plus also delivering installation benefits with easy to use alignment joints between channels.
The unique patented inlet design of the channels provides a continuous pavement beam feature over the line of the channel, strengthening the pavement installation and eliminating the need for additional reinforcement in most applications.
Benefits of this system:
- Provides all necessary components to deliver conveyance, attenuation and source control for effective SUDS drainage schemes and designs
- Range of channel sizes can be combined to form step fall systems reducing costs and optimising hydraulic designs
- Manufactured using recycled and recyclable materials.
- Meets environmental construction targets
- High-flow inlet and channel capacity
- Suitable for all load classes A 15 to F 900
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Step connectors available for simple channel connection
- One-piece channels supplied in 2m lengths
- Available in sizes 150, 225, 350, 550, 700 and 900
- Full range of channels, access and outlet chambers, accessories and flow controls
- Patented “Pavement beam” channel and inlet design
- Choice of three edge rail designs Q-Flow, Q-Guard and Q-Slot
- Push-fit channel joints with integrated channel seals
To find out more, contact our specialists at Cotterill Civils for expert advice on slot drains on 0121 351 3230.