We supply a range of Silt Filter Chambers to suit your specific requirements.
Filter chambers allow for the interception of any silt or other material entering water treatment solutions and SuDS – and in turn prevent them infiltrating the natural watercourse, keeping your system in line with new legislation and guidelines.
Give our team of specialists a call for expert advice on 0121 351 3230.
What are Silt Filter Chambers?
A Silt Filter Chamber is a silt and sand trap. It can remove over 95% of solids, sand and debris that have the potential to enter and damage your sustainable drainage systems (SuDS). By installing a filter trap or chamber it will ensure you gain protection for your attenuation and infiltration systems. They are designed to sit upstream of the attenuation system in order to intercept the silt, sand and debris before they reach the SuDS.
How do Silt Filter Chambers work?
- Surface water enters the unit
- Any silt and solids in the flow drop into the filter bucket
- A primary filtration network removes the heavier silt and sand
- Finer particles then flow through the filter bucket and settle at the base
- Then the cleaner separated water will pass through a secondary mesh filter
- The water is then discharged via the outlet pipe
- Both the filter bucket and secondary filter are easily accessed and removed for cleaning
Why use a Silt Filter Chamber?
The main reason you should use a silt filter chamber when you have SuDs or sewage treatment solutions is to protect them. By protecting them this allows you to decrease maintenance costs, prevents the chance of them breaking down, whilst also maintaining a high level of efficiency.
Another reason you should use a filter chamber is to make sure that you are in conjunction with legislation and guidelines for water treatment – and preventing dirty water being pumped into the natural watercourse.
Benefits of Silt Filter Chambers
- They prevent debris and other material from entering into structures – prolonging it’s useful life.
- The silt sentinel silt filter trap we provide is manufactured from a high strength polyethylene twinwall, to ensure it is durable and strong – preventing the need to replace them and decreasing your cost.
- The chambers are lightweight, therefore easy to install and transport.
- They save significant amounts of onsite costs as they need no construction due to them being a one piece unit
- They come in a variety of chamber sizes to suit your needs and preferences.
- They are easy to access to clean and check they are in working order.
We provide a variety of silt filter traps with different capacities and depths here at Cotterill Civils. Give our team of specialists a call on 0121 351 3230.