We supply a wide range of oil storage tanks to suit your specific needs. These range in sizes from 350 litres to 10,000 litres
Call our team of specialists for expert advice on. 0121 351 3230
What is an Oil Storage Tank?
An oil storage tank is a tank ranging from a few hundred litres to thousands of litres that contains oil. They come in various types such as Bunded Oil Tanks, Waste Oil Storage, Slimline Oil Tanks and Single Skin Tanks.
Benefits of an Oil Storage Tank
These tanks, especially bunded tanks, are specially treated to ensure that there is no leaking and the oils can be contained in a safe place. These tanks can be used for storage but also can ensure safe transportation of oil between locations. These tanks are also up to British Standard, meaning they are safe and legal to use.
Why use a Harlequin Oil Storage Tank?
Our Harlequin oil storage tanks can be used for agricultural and industrial applications and are available in both vertical and horizontal form. Our tanks are available for smaller storage uses such as between 350 litres and 1000 litres and larger storage purposes which range between 350 litres and 54,000 litres. Our range includes, Bunded Oil Tanks, Waste Oil Storage, Slimline Oil Tanks and Single Skin Tanks.
These storage tanks are versatile due to the various versions they come in, and can be vertical or horizontal to fit in the area in which you want to fit them in.
What are the regulations for Oil Tanks?
All oil tanks should be installed by a competent person in accordance with the OFTEC regulations, British Standards and LABC regulations, which are:
- Within 50m of a well, borehole or spring
- Located over a hard surface where a spillage could enter controlled water
- In a position where the vent pipe outlet is not visible from the fill point
- Within an Environment Agency source protection zone 1 (see www.environment-agency.gov.uk)
- or in close proximity to any other environmental hazard
- All commercial properties must have tanks with secondary containment if they store over 200 litres of oil (single skin tanks can be used as long as they are inside a masonry bund which is impervious to oil and contains 110% of the primary tanks capacity).
If you are wondering which Oil Tank is best suited to you, please give one of our experts a call on 0121 351 3230.