MDPE (Medium Density Polyethylene) pipe is a light, flexible and durable piping system, which is easy to install and ideal for delivering high pressure mains water from the main run into properties. It can be used to replace existing lead water mains pipe but what are the benefits?
Why choose MDPE pipe?
Many property owners choose to upgrade from older pipes to new MDPE pipes. Here’s just some of the reasons why:
- They are much more reliable and durable, giving you peace of mind that they’re less susceptible to burst pipes
- They come in various sizes meaning you can increase the flow rate to your property which is necessary if you want to put in any high spec equipment such as power showers with a megaflow system
- Unlike old pipes these pipes are corrosion free
- They are easy to install as they are flexible so can be bent without breaking them and you don’t need to be equipped with sophisticated tools to install them - the ease helps reduce the cost of labor
- They can cope with high pressure water and withstand any type of shock - so they last decades without requiring a replacement
- MDPE can be used outdoors or indoors and can withstand any change in temperature, even during winter, so the water will not freeze in the pipes
- Although MDPE may be more expensive than ordinary pipes, they are more cost effective in the long run as you will not have to budget for repairs
So when it comes to replacing your existing water pipe, look no further than Cotterill Civils – an MDPE pipe provides resistance to chemicals and bacteria, allowing the transportation of water to be safe and secure.
How can we help?
We supply a wide range of MDPE water pipes and fittings to suit your needs. Our team of specialists can provide you with expert advice on the best product for your application. Call us today on 0121 351 3230