General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- We will never spam you or sell or share your personal data
- You can easily unsubscribe from any of our communications at any time
- We use forms to collect minimal personal information
- Our site uses HTTPS/SSL security
GDPR is the culmination of years of efforts to update data protection for the 21st century. It's a piece of EU legislation that was passed in 2016. Its aim is to create identical data privacy laws across all EU countries. In the UK, it will replace the Data Protection Act 1988 on 25th May 2018.
The purpose of GDPR is to give people more control over how organisations use their data. As part of the new legislation, you will have the right to:
- learn how your data is being used.
- request that your data is deleted.
- retrieve your data in a format you can read and re-use elsewhere.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your web browser settings to reject cookies.
We use MailChimp and EmailBlaster to send our email newsletters to subscribers. There is an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each email, so it’s easy to remove yourself from the list should you no longer wish to hear from us. If you wish to contact us about an unsubscribe request, please email [email protected]
Collecting personal information
- Information you give us
There are various ways in which you may give us information about yourself. This includes filling in a form on our website or through correspondence on the phone, email, at an event or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, enquire about our products, enter a competition, promotion or survey, newsletter sign-up and request a brochure and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
- Information we collect about you
When visiting our site we may automatically collect the following information:
a) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
b) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We collect personal information via the following web forms:
- Contact us form
- Call back form
- Live chat form
- Subscribe to our newsletter form
At all times, we endeavour to collect minimum personal data only.
Any information provided to us is treated with care and discretion. We take a proactive approach to make sure that the information is kept private and is not misused.
Please also feel rest assured that we do not sell, trade or share your personal information. You can also unsubscribe from our communications at any time.
How we use your information
We will also use the information we collect:
Data processing & storage
- to improve our site to ensure that the content delivered is relevant and presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to monitor or understand the effectiveness of advertising, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use the following third-party software to store and manage data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you upon collection of your data if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes and we will endeavour to only contact you about products or offers that are relevant to you. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at [email protected]
Access to information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Act. A small fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request to [email protected]
There may be links to third–party websites, such as those of our business partners, on our website. While on these sites, these partners may collect information about you. Because we do not control the information policies or practices of these third parties, you should review their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect and use your personally identifiable information.
Last updated: 26/04/2018